There has been a lot of sorting going on.
It started with pasta

Included recycling crayons

Grease a pan you are not going to use for food
Sort stubs in colour combinations you like
Gently heat in a very low oven until melted together
Allow to cool, well away from little fingers
New multicoloured crayons are chunky and easy to hold
And sorting ended with all the Duplo.
Colourful times indeed.
Find out what other Mums are playing at childhood 101



10 comments:
I love the idea of melting down bits of crayons to make new ones - will have to give it a go! And I love your rug, very appropriate for sorting colours ;)
Storing away the crayon idea for another rainy day. Thanks for sharing it!
I love these sorting ideas!
Congrats on the no t.v. too! I need to give that a try -- we don't watch too much, but it can still take up precious time!
Love all of the sorting! So cool how you have a colored rug and can use it for sorting. Would love a cool rug like that.
Neat post!
Colleen:)
The crayon recycling is a great idea! I love little Miss's hair, she is growing up so fast compared to that photo on the side bar.
This sorting game is just wonderful and creative for children. Reckon we, adult, should be doing it as well. You're doing great to steer the kids away from TV overdose. Good work!
Thank you for your comments to my girl drawings. It is really appreciated and mean a lot to me.
Checked out Sarah Blake's work. Her girls are so mysterious. Love it!
Thanks again .... :)
I tried the crayon melting at preschool not so long ago, but I think I had the oven up too high, or left them in too long. I almost gassed us all with aroma de burnt crayon :) Have to give it another go on low heat this time!
I've never tried the crayon melting idea. I should though with all the crayons I'm finding around the place as we pack to move.
I tried to go tv free one day a week, and I think it lasted two weeks, so I commend you :)
Although, I have to say, there are days when Princess does ask for the tv to go off, and those times make me very happy.
I would love to do thwe crayon thing, but I know Princess won't part with even the tiniest boken bits, and I'm not ready to part with a cupcake tray yet!
I do love your rainbow rug for sorting though :)
Sorting is definitely one of our all time favorite activities around her. Sometimes I give Kiddo chopsticks to use to pick up the items.
Post a Comment