Pages

1.8.10

Big girl fairy bed

There comes a time when when you have to admit your baby is really not a baby anymore. It's time to face facts, Little Miss must put the cot behind her. She is ready, even though I am not. So now Little Miss sleeps in a big girl fairy bed.

"But I'm not a big girl I'm a little girl" she insists

It is really just a normal single bed, but since her brother has a car bed, (please insert a long sigh, as I have always hated car beds, but we were given the silly thing) Little Miss thought it right that her bed be called a fairy bed.

After two and half years of sleeping in what has really been the spare room, the big girl fairy bed move prompted a room decoration. (Insert a big yeah from me.)

Since fairies seemed to be the theme, and fairies live at the bottom of the garden I went for a wishing tree to sleep under. I got hold of some simple effective inexpensive Ikea wall stickers and went to town.






































































I am really happy with the outcome. Her face lit up when she saw her room. And she went to bed that night saying, "I want to be fairy and fly Mumma."

I hope all her wishes come true.

2 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

I love it, what a great job you did CF. Hard when the baby starts to outgrow the baby days. I still miss them and my "baby" is almost 13!

Old Egg said...

Great words, great pictures. When I get all soppy remembering our babies in the past I just click onto memory 1971/13b which is you being sick in my lap and all over the armchair I was sitting in.

LinkWithin