Pages

19.5.11

Old eggs

I learned something lately that I am really impressed with.

What I learned somehow reinforces the feelings I have had about how women are all linked and connected in some way. And what I learned also reinforces how special and wonderful it is to have a daughter.

I learned that when my mum was born she held the eggs in her ovaries that became my brother, sister and I. Therefore part of me and my siblings is actually made in my Granny's time. During about week 19 of my Granny's pregnancy the tiny baby inside her womb had ovaries with eggs developing inside them that would be her future children. Yes it is only a tiny minuscule part, but its so amazing to think some of me was made in the mid 1930s by my Mum inside my Granny.


And when I was born I held the eggs that became B and Little Miss. My mum helped make a little bit of them in the late 1960s as she made me and I developed eggs inside me.

So when little Miss was born she was, and still is, holding the eggs that will become my grandchildren. Grandchildren that I had a hand in developing. I can't tell you how excited I am about this amazing chain of female life. It really is a wonderful revelation to me.

Women really are amazing.

7 comments:

Old Egg said...

When you told me this yesterday tears came to my eyes. Today on reading it and seeing Little Miss practicing her own motherhood skills I really did cry copiously.

Thank you so much for the post.

Lilly said...

You are so right and its so nice to be reminded of it sometimes. And your daughter is just gorgeous!

miruspeg said...

Beautiful post CF. Both your words and photos of Little Miss moved me.

I found this lovely quote to add to the conversation.

"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her."

Keep shining sweet friend.
Peg xxxxx

Kerina said...

A really lovely post. About to hit week 19 myself, a beautiful reminder of things past and things still to come xx

Seaside Siblings said...

It is kind of crazy but amazing to think about eh?!

FoxyMoron said...

What a lovely post and I love that quote from Peg.

Liz said...

Wow what a great article. Made me appreciate my womanhood and I looked at my girl in a new light just so amazing. It all goes on without us knowing or really thinking about it. Love your new photos have you gone to the dark side with the SLR?

LinkWithin