Pages

25.5.11

Mummy vs Blogger

Children are very time intensive and so is blogging.

Little Miss will let me know I've been on the computer too long, by coming and sitting on my lap. There is a fine line between being a mummy and a blogger as a mummy blogger. I thought blogging may have got the better of me when all I started thinking about was activities to post about, rather than activities to do with my kids. I was missing the point duh.

There is a balance to be struck like most things in life, I'm not sure if I've found it.  I do try to make sure I am not photographing everything we do as then I will not blog about it. This has helped to reign in the blogging at bit and to balance up the mummy vs blogger part of my life. It's important to remember why I am blogging in the first place. I would be interested to know how other mummy bloggers find their balance.

But then one day when Little Miss was sitting on my lap and we looked at a some blogs, she asked,
"Is that me and is that my brother?"
"No" I said these are pictures of children on the other side of the world."
"She's an elephant" Little Miss exclaimed as she saw a photo of a little girl with elephant ears on, "I want to be an elephant too."
"Thats a great idea" I said and hooray I thought, as my Little Miss was inspired to do something from a blog. I think getting inspiration is one of the best things about blogs and it happens to 3 year olds too.

So Little Miss got busy to become an elephant.
She cut out then painted some big ears I roughly drew for her.


Stuck them with sticky tape onto a paper headband I made


Then she got the arm nose swing thing going on and transformed into an elephant.



Yeah for blogs.

Childhood101 provides us with lots of inspiration too.

6 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Well that is by far the prettiest elephant I have ever seen. ;)

miruspeg said...

We often start a journey CF and then get sidetracked along the way....which is what journeys are all about.
Glad to hear you have struck a balance with mothering and blogging and how exciting that Little Miss was inspired by a photo of a child on the other side of the world.
Love the elephant she created (with a little bit of your assistance).....she looks really cute!

I keep returning to blogging for inspiration as it has been very fruitful in the past. I am sure it will continue to be in the future too.

Big hugs
Peggy xxxx

Fiona said...

She is one cute elephant!

And I also love getting inspiration from other Blogs. I agree it can be easy to 'loose your way' a bit with blogging, so I now try to make a conscious decision to not take a camera on certain trips, and not Blog every single day.

It is hard to find balance, but I also love recording the little things and looking back at stuff I would probably otherwise forgotten.

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Love the elephant ears! Thanks for commenting! Glad I found your blog! Looks inspiring!

Old Egg said...

Both children and blogging are commitments. Once you have started you got to keep giving it your all. Meanwhile both B and Little Miss are taking it all in and soon will both be blogging like crazy too. Imagine that three laptops on the go!

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What gorgeous ears :) Blog:life balance...I am starting to think it is a myth! LOL

LinkWithin