The look of the coloured rice like this was just so enthralling for all of us. I'm not sure if it's the colours or the arrangement but it seemed magical and we knew it wasn't going to last long.
Little fingers just had to poke.
Then the temptation to mix to all up was overwhelming. And so much fun.

B wanted to play with an old set of scales and the rice, which was great for measuring weight.

Little Miss was happy to stir and feel. The sensation of hundreds of grains of rice running over your skin was delicious.
They played with the rice on trays, filling, pouring,

raining the rice down,
blowing,
Then B wanted to add water, straining the rice.

He made what he called "Polluted water" and seemed somehow proud. And when they had exhausted all the rice play options they could think of I offered them one more. Rice clean up.
Which was pretty easy since we were on the balcony. The rice was just swept into the gaps to fall out of our sight into the garden below.
I cant wait to get the rice out again.



6 comments:
Didn't I see some produced by Little Miss at the restaurant last night out of her toy bag just for one last feel with her fingers?
Yes you did- its our takeaway rice.
CF you play the coolest games with your kids.
Love the old scales, I once owned a set like that but left it with my ex when we parted.
Looks like Joseph and I will be playing with rice in the near future.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs
Peggy xxx
That's a brilliant idea, and I love the colours, so cheery and happy! Thanks for sharing, will try this with my child! And thanks for popping by my blog too. :)
Your coloured rice looks amazing. We have a bean box, but now I want to fill it all with coloured rice!
Love the scales too. We have an old set I was thinking of throwing way - why didn't I think of giving them to the kids instead?
I just love the picture of the rice looking like a rainbow! It looks absolutely irresistible. That scale is amazing! I want to come play at your house. : )
Post a Comment