We live on the side of a hill. Down the bottom of the hill is a creek in a conservation park.
We walk through the gum studded bush. B is always running up far ahead.

We pass a cool lush green area.

and then through a pine tree grove, it smells like Christmas,

and find rocky escarpments, unfortunately graffitied.

Little Miss says she is getting tired legs, so we find a spot to cross over the creek and head home via a different route.

It's a really steep climb up the other side of the creek. B is proud to have made it, but Little Miss now wants to be carried. We find a road to take us home.

On the way there are people camping in tents and Koalas in trees.

We find a big old oak tree. The first autumn leaves are falling already.

A bounty of acorns delights us, collected by a stranger.
Tired legs are forgotten when a wide expanse of green grass calls you to run as fast as you can.
But then it's time to face that hill which we live on. It's a steep leg aching climb.
B exclaims, "Can't one of you go and get the car and pick me up."
Visit childhood 101 for more ways to wear out your kids

4 comments:
It felt as though I was walking with you as you went on your way. Like B I would have liked a lift up the last steep climb home.
I love exploring, especially through the bush.
Thanks for sharing these delightful photos and I enjoyed reading your commentary too.
Autumn is a wonderful season, I think it is my favourite.
Big hugs
Peggy xxxx
What a lovely walk. LOL@ "can't one of you get the car and pick me up".
You live in such a beautiful area! It looks like you all had a great time exploring.
Post a Comment