29.6.10
There's no place like home
Little Miss says, "I want to go home."
We fill our homes with the objects of our choosing personalising our space. Living out our days and nights, a place to return to, our haven. We line the walls with memories. Placing sentiment within bricks and mortar. We come together as our type of family, enclosed and safe. Freedom within. We are in control of these little worlds, and they are so personal.
There is nothing like the comfort of home.
Home is a place not only of strong affections, but of entire unreserve; it is life's undress rehearsal, its backroom, its dressing room. - Harriet Beecher Stowe
I love to be home in the warm, when its raining outside. I especially love it when everyone is home with me.
When do you love to be home?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I had forgotten what blue sky looks like! Thanks for the reminder.
I love to be home:
1) Safe after a long journey;
2) When I know there is something great for dinner;
3) When the wind is howling outside
My favourite time to be home is when the sun is setting. I go around and close the curtains and light all the lamps and the house is warm from the fire and we settle in for the night all safe and comfortable and together.(And that glass of cold chardonnay helps too.) ;)
When I was a kid, I never wanted to be home. I always wanted to be off doing something so I'm sometimes surprised when my daughter is given a list of activities to choose from and she says she wants to stay home. More and more I tend to agree with her.
Post a Comment