Pages

17.6.10

Playing with food

Pizza is a regular favourite in the chapter forty house. Not because it's a delicious treat type junk food, but because the kids get to play with the dough and make their own. I buy ready made pizza dough, call me lazy, but it tastes so good. I have also found that getting my kids involved with making dinner actually helps them enjoy the meal more. Then I do as well.
















Of course things dont always go according to plan as Little Miss gets the pizza cutter out before its cooked...



















But she enjoys the mark making















And B decides his pizza should take on a snail shape



















But whatever the shape, once the pizzas are topped with goodness and cooked they are eaten up by the proud children. Sorry there are no photos of the finished pizzas - I wasn't quick enough.


Find out what other Mums are playing with here

We Play

4 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Where do you get pizza dough that you can roll?? And great idea to get them in the kitchen creating great meals.

amandab said...

I am trying to work up the courage to make my own pizza dough, but I want one of those pizza trays with the holes in th bottom to cook on first. We always like to make our own, Princess likes corn for teeth, mushroom nose, ham hair, salami eyes with olive pupils .. yep, it's always a pizza face with our girl! :)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

We have recently discovered making pizzas with Miss 2 but haven't found roll out dough, must try to find some of that :)

Chapter Forty said...

The pizza dough is made by Riveria Bakery, but other Italian food speciality shops sell soft pizza dough. I often freeze it for convenience, and it isn't easy to roll out. It takes some rolling pin action. Making sure the dough is room temperature really helps

LinkWithin