Pages

1.6.10

Colour peace play

I am really sick of my kids fighting all the time, so in a desperate attempt to keep the peace I divided the Duplo lego into colours between my children. B got the warm colours, red, orange, yellow and brown, Little Miss got the cool colours greens, blues, white, gray and black.

















There were still a few gripes about base boards to work with, but generally this colour coded play was peaceful for a while. Thankfully Little Miss didn't notice she had much less lego than B. It also taught them some negotiation skills as they did swaps for the pieces they wanted of each others. Best of all I got some peace.

Find out what other mums are playing at here
We Play

8 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Nice! I'd never thought of this.

amandab said...

Interesting that they didn't argue colour along gender lines (blue for boys, red for girls). My Princess is VERY conscious of the girl/boy thing and won't watch certain tv shows because it is for boys (mind you, she's sitting here glued to "Total Wipeout" right now!)

jenny @ let the children play said...

What a clever idea - you are a master peace maker :)

MaryAnne said...

Sounds like a great solution =)

Philippa said...

What a great solution! I must remember this for when my 2 are a bit older :)

miruspeg said...

Excellent idea but I don't know how you managed to keep the colours separated at the end of the day.
Joseph and his brother Charlie manage to turn their house into total mess each day.
:-)
Peg xxx

TheOnlineStylist said...

Ah Lego... my saviour! SC loves it - so does OH secretly! They spend hours together on it. Usually when the Grand Prix is on... the Lego keeps SC occupied enough for him to watch bits of the race... devious!

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

I am one of four children and we had a huge box of lego which always got divided up according to colours, however we soon wised up to which colours had more (or less) pieces! LOL

Thanks for linking up :)

LinkWithin