Pages

24.8.09

Where's Baby

Dear Little Miss

Happy 2ND Birthday.


I can hardly believe it has been two years since you were born. Those two years have simply flown by. That time is now a blur of happiness, laughter, tears, extreme tiredness, despair, absolute delight, boobas, nappies and the routine we enforce (with total commitment) of bath, milky, story, bed, songs, cuddles, kisses and finally SLEEP. (and at last you are regularly sleeping through the night)

But where has my baby girl gone?

My 2 year old Little Miss loves to say "No" to me.

"No kisses"
"No sleepy time"

You also love to assert yourself

"I do it" you say to all manner of tasks. Shoes, zips, buttons, hats, getting in and out of the car. Your determination is extraordinary.

I love how much you love your brother. B is the one you want. You follow him around the house. Squabble over whatever he has. Collect treats for him. You unpack his school bag, give him his hat. You are such a helper. And he loves you back calling you his little sweetie.

You like nothing better than playing with your babies. Shaking out their bedsheets, patting and rocking them while you sing. You love to wash them and share your drinks with them. What a great mother you already are. I am so impressed that you like "pack up time" happily tidying away all the toys even B's.

But please don't grow up too fast.

You have been my delight these past two years, my joy and my purpose. As you grow up and I reluctantly let go, know that I love you so much my little daughter.

Love from Mummy XXX

1 comment:

miruspeg said...

Happy birthday little miss, big hugs and kisses from Peggy in Sydney.

She is going to LOVE reading this when she is a little older. The years go by so quickly for us and so slowly for them.

I actually enjoy listening to Joseph assert himself and encourage it by saying if you need my help just ask but I am sure you can do it. He then often accepts my help....gratefully.

Delightful post.

Hugs
Peggy

LinkWithin