You have heard this before but you should know again that, I love you so much.
I try everyday to be the Mum that you are. You have been totally devoted to your children all your life, you have an unfailing devotion that is totally full of love. A love that is visible in all your actions.
When I think back to the way you mothered me as a child, I feel an overwhelming feeling of love. I hear you singing to me and it bringing me immense comfort.
I know you have worried about us all and will never stop worrying. I understand that worry. It comes from love. A love that you never want interrupted with disappointment, a love that makes us all vulnerable. A love that pulls at your very insides and makes you behave in ways that surprise you. A love that makes you let go when you really want to hold on tight.
Today when you love B and Little Miss, I feel that love for me all over again and it is really very special.
Thanks for being my Mum, the Mum I aspire to be.
Love your daughter forever. xxx
Image from ginnerobot
4 comments:
What a beautiful letter to your Mum.
Unfortunately even though I see my mother regularly I do not have these feelings for her that you have expressed in this post.
She is such a negative person who has no idea how to give love unconditionally.
She still upsets me occasionally but mostly she is teaching me how NOT to behave, which I am very grateful.
Hugs
Peggy
This is such a sweet letter. How lucky you are to have a mom like that! It sounds like you had a great role model for motherhood!
Those were very sweet words you wrote on my blog...:-)
By forgiving my mother for being deficient in her ability to love me, I was able to break the cycle of an unloving response.
I feel very blessed to have learnt that lesson.
Hugs
Peggy
If any one of my six living children wrote something like that about me, it would all feel worthwhile. It feels worthwhile anyway, that's how mothers are I guess.
Post a Comment