A special moment when all is quiet.Time to think.
Noisy interruptions have ceased.
I can hear my own thoughts.
Consider my own feelings for a change.
Take a deep breathe and relax, my shoulders drop.
Tension lifts.
Peace.
Calm.
Screaming? Yes screaming, it's B I run. I find him lying on the ground outside. He's next to the cubby house, he is crying. He has fallen off the cubby house roof. He's all intact, no blood, lots of sand though. Sand? Why sand? Then I notice the bucket of sand laying beside him. There is sand on the roof of the cubby. OK? OH NO! Little Miss is inside the cubby also covered in sand. B has been raining sand on her. She has it all over her head, face, down her back. Damn! Is it in her eyes?
Thankfully no.
What was I thinking?
Silence is danger Mum, wake up!!
Image from Atlantic Ave.
1 comment:
I was all ready for a peaceful post then wham!
Silence is definitely NOT golden when it comes to children.
Very well written post.
Cheers
Peggy
Post a Comment