Pages

7.4.11

Capturing creativity

I love visual art, but art openings are usually pretty wanky affairs. Odd people stand around in odd arrangements trying look like they know what the hell the art is meant to be saying. Cheap wine flows as does the verbal diarrhoea.






















But I was pleasantly surprised by a recent art show I went to. Not only was the conversation more on my kind of level, but all the art work seemed to capture the essence of creativity. The energy in the work was astounding, there was no fear evident in any of the mark making. The use of colour was free and full of expression. The compositions broke all the rules and the stories within the work were spelt out.



Little Miss's kindy art show was a true visual feast.
































6 comments:

Old Egg said...

The freedom of a child's art is truly awe inspiring. It is as though expression bursts forth unfettered by social norms or the need to make a statement to merely express the words "I am here, this is me". It makes one wish for childhood again.

Fiona said...

You crack me up. Seriously. as I read this post I was nodding to myself.
And love the Kindy art show.

FoxyMoron said...

Now THAT'S my kind of art show!

miruspeg said...

"Cheap wine flows as does the verbal diarrhoea"....never a truer word written!
Oh I love these quirky posts CF!

Looks like Little Miss is taking after her big brother in the creativity stakes.

Cheers mate
Peg xxxxx

Ange said...

Honestly, that's MY favourite art too!! Too much fun reading it as well.

Jennifer said...

So funny, I had to laugh because I know exactly what you were talking about with the art shows. I always end up laughing uncontrollably when I'm supposed to be so serious. Sometimes it seems adults take themselves too seriously. I love the fun and freedom of children's art like little miss' artwork.

LinkWithin