Autumn provided us with the inspiration. As Little Miss couldn't help but pick up some of these beautiful fallen leaves. I set up our creative space with the leaves, triangles cut from craft paper a few Easterish stamps and the stamping paint pad and ink pad.
Stamping leaf prints naturally followed.

Then leaves in relief took on, as fingers applied paint around the edge of a leaf.
It was all getting a bit messy as finger printing happened too. But then B got other ideas. The craft paper colours were reminiscent of traffic lights so B went off on a stop, go, slow tangent. And some random red dots got involved too. Once each side to of every triangle was decorated and dry I stapled the triangles to some gift wrap ribbon then hung it up.
Hey presto - instant autumn traffic bunting. Just what we needed.

Activities with kids rarely turn out like you expect. See more examples at Childhood 101 and Playtime at Hands on: as we grow.


7 comments:
The bunting is really cool. May have to steal the idea myself for a spring theme. Our autumn leaves are all gone now and I'm preparing spring time Easter ideas. No roses to smell - but the jasmine is slowly coming out :)
This opens up a whole range of ideas for decoration for all the family to be involved in and to own. When I see dreary, commercialized, over the counter decorations for whatever season on sale I think back to days when these were just not available and everything was "Home" brand. OK, that was a thousand years ago but the point is that creativeness is so important in the education and development of children and you show this attribute off superbly.
I LOVE your bunting! So colourful and decorative.
If there were more mums like you in this world........*sigh*
This exercise looked like alot of fun CF.
Children enjoy activities when adults provide support and are involved themselves and love to hear compliments from adults.
When Joseph and I play with his lego he is definitely the teacher and I am the pupil. I love the praise and support he gives me when I find a special piece he needs. If I say negative things about what I am building he corrects me with praise and encouraging words.
It is a two way street with children. If we treat them as intelligent beings with the respect they deserved, they in turn will do the same to us.
Hugs
Peg xxxxxx
This is gorgeous! i love how it naturally evolved and was so child led. Thanks for linking up to It's Playtime!
My son is huge into traffic signs right now. I love the that traffic signs are part of the bunting.
I know you know how much I <3 bunting and yours looks great. And you are right, projects with kids never quite work out how you imagine them...they usually have much better ideas ;)
Thanks for linking to We Play this week.
Post a Comment