I prepared some white cotton and big needles ready for an after school activity. I thought big needles would be a good lesson in learning respect for sharp poky things. They were also the only tool I had at hand that would go through the small holes in the Nutri-grain.
Being after school for B, this did turn into an eating activity too
Little Miss concentrated hard on not hurting herself with the needle

B preferred the Nutri-grain over the Cheerios and varied the ways to thread it on.
He was also very keen to eat his finished necklace

Little Miss lost interest about 10 minutes into it, and asked me to finish it off for her. She did learn what the sharp end of the needle felt like on her finger, but no tears emerged. Maybe a bracelet would have been a better size for her concentration span. And she really didn't like getting her fingers all sticky. But I thought this was a fun activity that fed them along the way. It could be quite portable too.
Check out what other kids are playing at over on childhood 101.
5 comments:
Well, this is filled with all sorts of brilliance.
You could even say it is surreal (sorry cereal)!
Once again great idea! And Little Miss, I don't like sticky hands either.
What a tasty and fun activity! Just dropping by to let you know Ive passed on an award from my Blog to yours, I love your posts :-)
http://alittlelearningfortwo.blogspot.com/2010/11/versatile-blogger-award.html
We did this at Princess' rainbow birthday party with Fruit Loops and, surprisingly, it was the least popular activity there! When I was a kid I would have killed for Fruit Loops! Kids today, I don't know! LOL
Post a Comment