Sorry might be a start, it wasn’t the best day.
But people get sick. It happened to your Mum.
Our plans for the day lay in tatters, I could not run.
Your teeth didn’t get brushed, nor did your hair.
You did nothing but watch TV, sat on a chair.
You wore your pajamas all day with only toast to eat.
You didn’t care that your faces were dirty, or that the dishes weren’t neat.
You didn’t notice the clothes on the floor.
But you noticed me, as I felt poor.
Little Miss so gentle, with a loving pat.
B, you lay with me down on the mat.
You were brave and strong taking care of me.
But that’s wrong, not the way it should be.
Dad came to the rescue as soon as he could.
It was just one day, I am better now, so it’s all good.

1 comment:
Sorry to hear you weren't well CF and glad to hear "its all good now".
Enjoyed your poem.
Its lovely for the kids to get a chance to show how much they care for you. :)
Post a Comment