Pages

13.10.09

Forced Spring Clean

I'm not sure what we've done. I know it’s not really bad in the big BIG scheme of things. But for whatever reason, (karma perhaps) this household has been forced into a spring clean.

1- The dead rat smell in the living room is now unbearable. It's not coming from the couch, we took it apart last night, cleaned out the crumbs, gave it a good wipe over then even went so far as to rip off the lining underneath to inspect inside. Found nothing, except how a couch is made. The pong is also not coming from the rug, it was covered in bi carbonate of soda and moved into another room. The smell isn't from a spill on the floor, its been thoroughly mopped. Twice. The offensive odor is not from the kids play kitchen. All the plastic play food has been washed in the dishwasher and wooden things by hand. The little oven, dishwasher, fridge and hotplates have also had a once over with disinfectant. Many empty play food boxes have been binned. The smell isn’t coming from a cavity wall. A wall panel has been carefully removed and inspected. The smell might be coming from under the deck. OH BUM... 


But that’s not all... 

2- We woke up this morning to find water dripping from a light fitting in the living room. Removing the light fitting and shinning a torch into the ceiling revealed the water source. A box gutter - probably. It rained and dripped into a plastic bucket all day. D got home from a day in the office to clear out the gutters. Will this solve the leak? Only the rain will help us find that out.

3- In the last two days I have broken three items into tiny pieces. It has been months since anything has hit the floor in this house. I broke a glass, no real big deal there. A lime green bowl, annoying as its a set of four but thats life, and a huge black floor vase. OK that sucks. My eyes are fine and I am not on any medication.   

Out came the dust pan and brush yet again.



3 comments:

Hybrid J said...

Hmmm .... I could understand as I had similar experience a few years ago. I'm a believer that "things" (open for interpretation) usually come in groups. Let's hope whatever it is, it's over now with you. Things go back to normal.

Also, thank your for your comments re my NaNo. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by it and the new creative surge ... It's good to know that I got a supportive creative community here in blogland. ;) Thanks again!

Kerina said...

The smell in your living room is probably connected to the water in your ceiling. We had a mysterious dead rat smell in our bedroom which came and went, then a mysterious brown mark appeared on the ceiling – a leaking roof and mouldy insulation the culprits!

TheOnlineStylist said...

Not that I want to add to that Dead Rat smell but theres an award for you over at mine... hope the smell wont put you off! x

LinkWithin