Pages

20.5.10

Play time

Little Miss likes to decorate biscuits, but I'm not really the baking type. So I have stocked some basic ingredients in the pantry to make this activity an anytime easy occupation for both of us. No baking required and no icing sugar on the floor. Note the low sugar healthy biscuit choice, so this activity has a low guilt factor too.
















I think these writing icing tubes are brilliant. They don't make much mess, have a long shelf life and give the fine motor skills a workout. Though I have had to stop her sucking on the tube.
















It's the journey not the outcome that matters, and efforts should always be rewarded...























Find out what other Mums are playing at?
We Play

9 comments:

Busy Brissy Mum said...

Very cute!

FoxyMoron said...

What a great idea. I have a packet of those bikkies in the cupboard that my Ferals haven't even glanced at. I might give it a try on the weekend.

miruspeg said...

Good thinking 99!!
I am quite partial to Shredded Wheatmeal biscuits. :)

Catherine said...

My son loves decorating biscuits too. But I haven't been as smart as you and found a store bought alternative. I'm going to get some now though, so I can say yes more often when he wants to do this.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

I too had never thought to use the store bought icing! Isn't it funny how much kids love home iced biscuits. I made some for our playgroup Christmas party last year and they were the first thing to go!

Thanks for linking up :)

Alissa said...

What a great idea. It gives the kids the chance to be creative (and entertained) without the effort and sometimes stress of cooking up a batch of biccies. Great job!
From Alissa@ Excuse Me Mrs.C!

Melissa said...

Decorating biscuits is fantastic. We take them to school for the kids birthdays instead of doing cupcakes. We also did some for our recent church fete - in the shape of crabs.

Hannah said...

Oh we do this!! I remember doing it when i was young, and just last week my sister and I did the same with our little girls

MaryAnne said...

This is a great idea! Loved the comment about having to stop her sucking on the icing tubes =)

LinkWithin