Pages

23.2.10

Good advice

I think us parents need all the help we can get. Good advice seems to be like a needle in a haystack of old wives tales, bad recommendations and competitive monitoring from other mums. So while using the staff toilet at a wonderful kindergarten I visited recently I couldn't help notice some advice to the kindergarten teachers that I thought was wonderful and should be shared.






1. Have fun.


2. Change own behaviour and this will change the child's.


3. Never ever ever argue with a child, they will always win.


4. Act rather than talk.


5. Catch children being good and give positive reinforcement.


While taking note of these I couldn't help picture a stressed out teacher escaping to the toilet for a bit of a break, reading these words of advice to come back to the children with a new perspective.


Image is of a potty toy we will NOT be purchasing. 
"Modeled on a grown up loo, this potty features a fully functioning seat and lid and offers great encouragement with fun phrases, music and sound effects. There’s even a realistic flushing sound when handle is pulled. Great sound rewards for a ‘successful’ visit too."

1 comment:

TheOnlineStylist said...

A good inspirational list - one that I would do well to remember sometimes! More than makes up for the singing potty!

LinkWithin