Ruthie lives on a lot of land and keeps alpacas.
This Easter she had the idea to have a family picnic under a tree in a faraway paddock.
So we had to trek to the paddock.
Past the alpacas

and up the hill
Where we picnicked by lying around and eating a lot of food

We played "bunny hop", which is Ruthie's Easter version of Kris Kringle only with Easter eggs (This is a game where you take turns to select a wrapped gift, but can choose an opened gift someone else has already selected, so it can get a bit playful) Thankfully the children did not end up in tears.


Full of the view, food and chocolate, we then we made the trek back again.
Now I have to admit I was not all that keen on the idea of trekking up the hill to the picnic spot. Lacking in adventure that day I just wanted to enjoy the warmth of the house and a comfy chair. I may have even been hoping for some rain to spoil the plans, naughty sister that I am.
But I have to admit how wrong I was. The effort was absolutely worth it, the fresh air, the exercise and the view altered my soggy mood, we all laughed about this crazy thing we were doing and it felt really good. So like most things in life the more you put in the more you get out.
Thank goodness I have a funny sister.


2 comments:
Alpacas have such sweet faces, I bet the kids loved seeing them.
Days like this stay in our memories for a long long time especially ones we thought were going to be a drag.
Funny sisters are to be treasured.
Big hugs
Peggy xxxx
I SO want a sister who keeps alpacas....
Post a Comment